The APA 7th Edition style is now available for EndNote. These are the instructions to install the new style into EndNote. Alternatively, you can watch this video. Though, for Mac, it’s the same process for PC.
- To download the style and read about what’s new, go to the EndNote (Clarivate) download page.
- After clicking on the download link, APA 7th should be listed first or near the top of styles to download. If you don’t see it in the list then search for it in the “Keyword” search box.
- Click the “download” link. If asked, make sure you are saving the file to your downloads.
- Double click on the downloaded file. It should open the style in EndNote.
- In the EndNote toolbar click File –> Save As. You can delete the “Copy” part of the name and click “Save.”
- In the EndNote style-selection dropdown menu (PC upper left in toolbar, Mac in the preview citation/view PDF window) choose “Select Another Style.”
- You can type “APA” in the “Quick Search” box and hit enter, or scroll down alphabetically to find the APA’s.
- Select APA 7th and click “Choose”
- APA 7th will now be available in EndNote and Word.
Please feel free to contact AskUs with any questions.
Since the recent change to the Health Sciences Library proxy server, we’ve received numerous connectivity error reports from users of the citation management software Papers. While we are more than happy to assist with issues related to the proxy link, please keep in mind that the library does not provide in-depth support or troubleshooting for Papers. If you would like to use a citation management program that the library does support and troubleshoot for, we recommend switching to EndNote. You can find more information about EndNote here: http://hslibraryguides.ucdenver.edu/endnote/cuanschutz
Update: Starting in April, the VPN will no longer work with Papers to provide full text. You will need to fill in the Proxy information in Papers to get full text access through the library.
The Health Sciences Library proxy link has changed. To update your Papers library to remain connected to the Health Sciences Library, complete the following steps to update your Proxy settings.
- Access the settings box for Papers by following this path: Papers (main menu) – Preferences – Access
- In the “Use Library Proxy” menu, select: Other
- Enter the following Proxy details:
- Institution: University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- [Updated – use this URL not the one pictured below] EXProxy URL: https://proxy.hsl.ucdenver.edu/login?url=%@
- Click “Done” at the bottom.
- On the “Access” screen, your “Use Library Proxy” box should now say: Other: University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Now fill in the Library Website URL: https://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/
- You have now set up your Library Proxy access! You can close the settings box.
If you have any questions about the Proxy link, you can contact AskUs at 303-255-2152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of you use EndNote to harvest or gather PDFs in your EndNote Library. It’s a huge time saver when you are trying to collect the articles you need for a grant or manuscript. The library has changed how we are able to do this and you need to update your settings as soon as possible. If you don’t make these changes, your copy of EndNote will stop harvesting PDFs. Our Proxy setting has changed as well – that’s the thing that authenticates you when you are not on campus and trying to harvest PDFs. Take the time to make this change now, the new settings are already working.
In Endnote PC, go to the “Edit” drop down menu and choose “Preferences“. For EndNote MAC, you’ll find “Preferences” under the EndNote X8 menu. Once you are in the EndNote Preferences box, make sure you have “Find Full Text” selected.
Check all 4 of the checkboxes. The “OpenURL Path:” field should be
Copy and paste this into the field or type it very deliberately. Uppercase matters and must be typed exactly as shown. Include the “?” at the end. Please note the URL begins with https.
You only need to fill in the “Authenticate with: URL:” field if you use EndNote when you are off campus. Even if you use the OIT VPN, you need to configure the “Authenticate with” field. If you never use EndNote from off campus then you may leave this field blank. If you are using EndNote remotely, the “Authenticate with: URL” should be
If you need assistance or would like us to help walk you through any of these changes, you can reach the Education & Reference department in the library from 9:00am through 4:00pm at 303-724-2109.