Starting Saturday, June 13, 2020, The Strauss Library building will be badge accessible 7 days a week from 7 am – 7 pm, only for students who are given permission to be on campus.
- Students can request access to the library building for testing or related reasons, however faculty and staff do NOT have this option at this time.
- Students who need to access the library building must submit a request to be on campus to Dr. Jan Gascoigne, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
As the campus continues the limited return to campus work for invited employees and students, the library would like to share updated information regarding the library building.
As a reminder, almost all library resources and services remain available 24/7 from the library webpage.
- The library building is currently closed and no services are being offered on site.
- Anyone coming to campus must complete the required, one-time SkillSoft training “CU COVID-19 Return to Campus – CU Denver | Anschutz”.
- To enter any building on campus including the library, everyone must pass through a daily check-in point and receive a wristband. At the check-in point everyone will complete a health questionnaire, have their temperature taken, and receive a wristband.
- The Lounge@HSL, just outside the library’s entrance, will be one of the daily check-in points. Please note that it will only be staffed from 7:00 am – 10:00 am and from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. If one arrives at the library outside of those time frames they will have to visit the check-in point at the west RC1N entrance. That daily check-in point is open from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, students entering the library are required to complete the health questionnaire before entering.
- Once inside the library building, everyone must wear a mask, their campus ID badge, and the daily wristband. Masks can be removed if one is alone in a room with a closed door.
- Library users must be alone in one of 50 identified rooms with a closed door or on a computer workstation on the 1st floor of the building. If desired, users can make reservations online ahead of time for one of the 50 identified group or individual study rooms.
- Cleaning kits will be provided to clean workspaces at the beginning and end of work. It is the student’s responsibility to clean their own work stations.
If you have questions about library services or resources please e-mail the library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for doing your part to help keep each other safe!