The Library CANNOT accept your UCDenver email address as a user ID. Find your Passport ID (alias) here: https://MyAccount.ucdenver.edu. You’ll need to know your 9-digit student ID number (which is NOT listed on your ID badge for security reasons), your last name, and your date of birth. This site gives you a great dashboard of resources, including your alias/username (Passport ID) and links to other campus websites, including Webmail, Canvas, and the Library. Or you can call the library at 303-724-2132 and ask us to look up your alias for you. Please be prepared to tell us the month and day of your date of birth for verification.
From what we understand, Orientation is telling you to use your UCDenver email address as the username for everything from the UCDAccess Portal to your Webmail. While your email address may get you into most campus resources, the library is an exception. We apologize for the misunderstanding. The good news is, your alias/Passport ID will get you into not only library resources, but Access Portal and Webmail too!
On August 26, the Health Sciences Library will be making changes to our off-campus proxy system so that you can now log in with your PassportID (this is the same username and password you use for other University resources – like o365 email and the UCDAccess Portal).
Why are we making this change?
Login via PassportID is more secure for you, the user. It will also be far easier for the library to manage. Just one example: in the past there has been a slight delay of up to a week before new students and employees were able to have access to off campus resources. That delay will now disappear.
Here is a screenshot of the new login page that will be in place starting 8 am, Aug. 26 2015 (click to enlarge):
There will be some exceptions:
- University of Colorado Hospital employees will still need to log in the old way, using their username of: letter H followed by their UCH employee ID number (eg: Hxxxxxx). Password is user’s last name.
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF program) will continue to log in with their assigned ID number as user name and last name as password.
Prefer the old way?
- As this is a “soft launch” , the old way of logging in will still work for a limited time only: user name as employee ID number, and last name as password.
- However, if you had a web browser automatically enter your login and password, you will need to clear out the saved password. If you have any trouble with this, please call our library Service Desk for directions on clearing saved password from various browsers.
Difficulty logging in? Please contact the HSL Service Desk at 303-724-2152 or use Ask Us.
Questions? Concerns? Please contact Jeff.Kuntzman@ucdenver.edu
Currently there is an intermittent problem with Article Linker on PubMed. Users may see the following message: “PubMed look up service is temporarily unavailable.” If you encounter the error please keep trying. You can try your search via Google Scholar.
You might also try the following:
1) open two browser windows, one on PubMed and the other on Find Journals single citation matcher or title search
2) flip back and forth between the windows or tabs, copy and paste the relevant info for the full text you wish to look up
If you have questions, please contact Ask a Librarian
Update: the problem should now be resolved.Please contact the library if you encounter further problems.
Users have been unable to log in to their personal accounts in Ovid recently because the link for the personal accounts is not appearing. Additionally, “Logged in as uchs9901” appears in the upper right corner. We are working with Ovid to correct the problem as quickly as possible.
Have you encountered this message in ClinicalKey when trying to download an e-book?
Users need to register for a free personal account https://www.clinicalkey.com/#!/registration in order to download the PDF version. You can also get to the registration screen by clicking on “Register” in the upper right corner. You do not have to register in order to view the e-books in HTML.
Have you ever been “kicked out” of AccessPharmacy or AccessAnesthesiology after being on the same page for a while? Sometimes during a session users are kicked out and can’t get past the log-in page to access full-text content. There seems to be some kind of time-out occurring. You can try the following if you encounter this problem:
- Try to access another database, such as Academic Search Premier, etc. from the library’s web page: http://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/databases
- Try again with AccessPharmacy.
- Try clearing your cache or browsing history.
- Repeat if you encounter the log in page again.
We value your feedback regarding access problems and your suggestions for access improvement. Please let us know how we can improve access to this or any other resource: http://hslibrary.ucdenver.libanswers.com/index.php
E-books in these databases include:
Are you seeing something like this, but you think we are supposed to have access?
Then please let us know!
Do you find problems accessing articles in journals to which the library subscribes? As regular and frequent users of the library’s journal collection, you can help us find and troubleshoot journals that we have paid for but are not being allowed to access!
When you find a journal that we subscribe to is actually blocking your access use the Report A Problem or Ask Us forms to let us know so we can get the problem corrected promptly! Be sure to include the article citation when you contact Ask Us so we know where to look to verify the problem.