Latest Update: The library’s badge-accessible hours for CU Anschutz students are 5 AM to 10 PM daily. Students are required to have their Anschutz student ID badge to enter the library. CU Anschutz faculty/staff may enter the building for general and quick business such as picking up books and ILL materials, checking references in print materials, making copies, and so forth but are discouraged from using the library for extended work. The study rooms are intended for students. All other protocols and rules, detailed below, are in effect. See full information about returning to campus and campus guidelines @ www.cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus.
The library building is currently closed to the public and non-affiliated and no services are being offered on-site. Library staff are working remotely and not available onsite for immediate assistance. Our service desk onsite is closed. Use our online service point called AskUs.
This is what you need to know about accessing the library and guidelines for safe use while in the facility. As a reminder, almost all library resources and services remain available 24/7 from the library webpage.
- Library hours will be 5:00 am – 10:00 pm seven days a week.
- You must have your Anschutz campus ID to badge into the library.
- All rooms have a maximum occupancy of one (1) person and study rooms are intended for use by Anschutz students.
- Students must reserve a room or one of four computer seats allowed. There are 63 rooms and four computer seats.
- Currently, open tables and open spaces in the building are not available for use although limited use of walk/bike stations in the library is allowed. These stations can be reserved online with the same system used for booking rooms.
- If no rooms are available users will not be able to enter the library building.
- Users must wear a mask at all times, including when in a room alone.
- Community Advocates will be at the front doors to check for campus ID badge, answer questions, and connect users to rooms if they haven’t made a reservation and will do roams around the building to help students maintain safety protocols.
- Anyone coming to campus must complete the required, one-time SkillSoft training “CU COVID-19 Return to Campus – CU Denver | Anschutz”. See the campus COVID-19 page for full details.
- To enter any building on campus, including the library, everyone must complete on a daily basis the campus health questionnaire and provide temperature either taken at home or at the thermometer station provided inside the library.
- To be in the library, students must have, show, and display their Anschutz campus ID badge. You must badge yourself in. Please do not trail in behind others or allow others to come in off your badge swipe.
- Once inside the library building, everyone must wear a mask at all times, practice social distancing at 6ft or more apart, use cleaning supplies provided to wipe down the work areas before & after use, and follow all posted instructions.
Requests to check out laptops and books from the collection should go through our online AskUs service. Anschutz students and faculty/staff can initiate book loan requests via AskUs and staff will prepare the items for contactless pickup by you from behind our service desk in the library. Laptops are available only to students.
If you have questions about library services or resources please e-mail the library at email@example.com. Thank you for doing your part to help keep each other safe!