As Open Access Week comes to an end, consider submitting your work(s) to Mountain Scholar. Mountain Scholar is the institutional repository of CU Anschutz and the Strauss Health Sciences Library. Making your works available via Mountain Scholar provides the following benefits:
- Networking: Open the channels of communication in your field.
- Visibility: Get online access to your own work and publications and that of your colleagues anytime, anywhere.
- Open Access: Get unrestricted access to scientific and scholarly research in the repository.
- Stability: Maintain your scholarly record with persistent URLs.
- Impact: Descriptive information about your deposited work will be indexed by Google and other search engines. Research suggests that open access to online articles may increase citation impact by 50-250%
Submitting your work(s) to Mountain Scholar is easy. In five easy steps you can deposit your work submitted and made openly available in Mountain Scholar. A variety of resources can be submitted to Mountain Scholar. Here is a list of some items we accept:
- Data sets
- Journal articles (including published material, depending on copyright restrictions)
- Books and book chapters
- Multimedia including photos, images, and videos
- Grey literature
- Teaching materials and Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Poster and/or slide presentation
- Special events materials
- Conference materials
- Departmental publications
If you have questions that were not answered above, please use the Strauss Library’s AskUs or reach out to Danielle Ostendorf (Danielle.2.Ostendorf@cuanschutz.edu), Electronic Resources Librarian.