Update November 9, 2020: In response to the recent Adams County Public Health order there will be changes to library building access. These changes will go into effect on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 and remain until further notice.
- Library hours will be 7:00 am – 9:00 pm seven days a week.
- Students should have their Anschutz campus ID badge to enter the library
- Users must reserve a room or one of four computer seats allowed. There are 63 rooms and four specialized computers. Open tables and spaces in the building will not be available for use.
- All rooms have a maximum occupancy of one person.
- The library is working on creating a booking system for the computers on the first floor
- Users must wear a mask at all times, including when in a room alone.
- Community Advocates will be at the front doors to check for campus ID badge, answer questions, and connect users to rooms if they haven’t made a reservation
- If no rooms are available users will not be able to enter the library building.
Students can request access to the library for testing or related reasons however faculty and staff do not have this option at this time.
Students who need to access the library building must submit a request to be on campus to Dr. Jan Gascoigne, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
As the campus continues the limited return to campus work for invited employees and students, the library would like to share updated information regarding the library building.
As a reminder, almost all library resources and services remain available 24/7 from the library webpage.
- The library building is currently closed and no services are being offered on-site.
- Anyone coming to campus must complete the required, one-time SkillSoft training “CU COVID-19 Return to Campus – CU Denver | Anschutz”.
- To enter any building on campus including the library, everyone must pass through a daily check-in point and receive a wristband. At the check-in point everyone will complete a health questionnaire, have their temperature taken, and receive a wristband. To enter and use the library, students must have, show, and display their Anschutz campus ID badge
- The Lounge@HSL, just outside the library’s entrance, will be one of the daily check-in points. Please note that it will only be staffed from 7:00 am – 10:00 am and from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. If one arrives at the library outside of those time frames, please use one of the other check-in locations listed on the return to campus planning page.
- On Saturdays and Sunday and when campus screening locations are not open, students entering the library are required to complete the health questionnaire and need to email your temperature to student services–look for a posted sign with QR code in the lobby with the student services email address
- Once inside the library building, everyone must wear a mask at all times, their campus ID badge, and the daily wristband, and practice social distancing at 6ft apart.
- If desired, students can make reservations online ahead of time for one of the 60+ identified group or individual study rooms. Study rooms are marked with Max Occupancy signs indicating how many students can be in the room, and masks must be worn at all times even if you are alone in the study room. Computer booking is now online too.
- Cleaning kits will be provided to clean workspaces at the beginning and end of work. It is the student’s responsibility to clean their own work stations.
If you have questions about library services or resources please e-mail the library at email@example.com. Thank you for doing your part to help keep each other safe!