Kristin White recently joined us here at Strauss library in the IT department. Her co-worker Kevin interviewed her to find out more about our new staff member:
1.What is your position title and/or interest in libraries?
My title is Web Applications Developer. I am interested in areas of libraries and information access.
2. What do you like most about it so far?
3. What is your educational background and what schools did you attend?
I obtained my Bachelor of Science in Business Management from Metropolitan State University of Denver and my Master of Library and Information Science from the University of Denver.
4. What is your previous work experience?
I have been working as a Digital or Web Services Librarian since 2012. Website development piqued my interest while I was attending DU for my Masters. I have been working with websites and library access ever since.
5. What’s a fun/unique/interesting tidbit that you would like others to know about you?
My favorite places include Denver, The Netherlands, and Costa Rica. And, I think that dogs, alpacas, and llamas are the coolest animals!
6. How do you spend your free time?
I spend a ton of time with my dog, Charlie. We are outside as much as possible. I also enjoy traveling, hiking, baking and cooking, reading, and watching movies.
7. Is there any additional information you would like to share about yourself?
I enjoy listening to all kinds of music and love to dance (not well, I am sure!) as much as I can.
8. What do you hope to gain from working at HSL?
I hope to gain a more in-depth understanding of the digital needs of the faculty, staff, students, and researchers at HSL. I also have a strong interest in web accessibility, so I would like to continue gaining more knowledge in this area as well as help HSL continue to ensure that the website is meeting the requirements of accessibility.