The Gene resource from NCBI is a central hub for accessing nearly all molecular and literature resources for a particular gene. You can easily answer the most common questions and perform the most common tasks by starting in Gene.
In this webinar you will learn about the structure and contents of the Gene resource and how to use Gene to answer the following questions about a gene:
- Where is the gene located (chromosome and position) in the genome assembly?
- What are the Reference genomic, transcript and protein sequences for the gene?
- What variations are present in the gene and are they associated with disease?
- In what tissues and under what conditions is the gene expressed?
- What are the equivalent genes (homologs) in other species?
Peter Cooper and Bonnie Maidak, NCBI
Mar 9, 2017
1:00PM – 2:00PM ET