Web Satisfaction Survey Results
Thank you to our users for responding so enthusiastically to our survey! We surveyed users from November 11-20, 2015 and were thrilled to receive a total of 227 responses!
Q1. How happy are you with the library’s website?
- 226 responded to Q1.
- 78% reported being either happy or very happy with the library’s website.
Q2: How can we improve your website experience?
- 93 wrote responses to open-ended Q2.
- 32% of written responses noted that there was no need for improvements to the website.
Respondents suggested many improvements to the website design, navigation, search, and access. The suggestions provide many excellent opportunities for the library to continue to improve our users’ web experience. We also received many suggestions that were not related to the website. These are just a few of the many comments we received:
- you are doing great. I use pubmed from google scholar all the time and when it stopped working got excellent help from your staff. THANKS
- I think that you are always improving the website and keeping up with the recent developments and discoveries.Tobin Magle is amazing. Well done all! Just an suggestion, can the library also provide access to common analysis software ? Since some bioinformatics, ensembl and NCBI classes are offered it seems to me that having access to softwares through the library will boost the use of the website/library and provide a huge service to students, staff and faculty who do not know from where to obtain these.
- Have mini-workshops available online on how to search websites for information more efficiently
- The biggest challenge I have is getting back to the main library screen from FindIT. If I go there at all, I pretty much have to go back to my bookmark (and log back in) to get to other library resources. I am a remote user (student). The other suggestion is more options for learning to use tools such as Endnote for those of us who can’t be on-campus!
- Oftentimes I feel very lost when trying to figure out if I have access to a journal, where I go to click and how I find relevant information to what I’m looking for.
- you do a fantastic job with on-line services and responses to questions.
- I love having access to online articles! The more that are available the happier I will be.
- More clarity on first page. Appreciate greater recent access made to research resource.
- Simplify. Home page is very busy.
- All the links I need are right on the front page. Very easy to access!
And LOTS more! Read the full report with all user feedback: HSL-Website-Satisfaction-Survey-Results-Nov2015
Thank you to the Web Working Group, and especially Cathalina Fontenelle, for their dedication to improving our website!
Questions, please contact Vivienne Houghton, MLIS, Web Services Librarian, at 303-724-2178 or firstname.lastname@example.org