You no longer need to get a serial ID from the library for the DynaMed App!
- Access content offline
- Bookmark Favorites
- Email topics
- Write and save notes about particular topics
1. Download the free DynaMed app from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
iOS/iTunes App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dynamed-by-ebsco/id948906986?ls=1&mt=8
Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vspringboard.dynamed.activity
2. Access DynaMed from the library’s website. The DynaMed link is under “Clinical Tools.”
3. Click on the DynaMed mobile access link at the top of the DynaMed interface and enter your University or Hospital email address. An authentication key will be emailed to you.
4. Open the DynaMed email from your device.
5. Within 48 hours, tap on the link in the email to authenticate the app.
Note: after 48 hours, you will need to request a new authentication key.
6. The DynaMed App opens on your device and begins the initial content download.
Note: It is recommended that you are on a Wi-Fi connection for the initial download of DynaMed content as well as when updates become available.
7. Your device is ready to go!
FAQs: (also see Dynamed’s Support Site: http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=3923)
Q. Can I install the DynaMed app on multiple devices?
Yes. When you email yourself an authentication link from within DynaMed, you can use that link to authenticate the app on up to three devices. If you would like to authenticate more than three devices, send yourself another authentication link from within DynaMed for the additional devices.
Note: Open the email from the mobile device you wish to authenticate and tap the authentication link to authenticate the app.
Q. Can I use the DynaMed app offline?
After installing the app and downloading the DynaMed content, the app can be used offline without a wireless signal. A wireless signal is required to perform updates to the DynaMed content when updates become available.
Q. Do I have to uninstall the Skyscape or Omnio apps before I install the new DynaMed app?
No. If you were using the Skyscape or Omnio apps to access DynaMed on your mobile device, you do not have to uninstall those apps to download/use the new DynaMed app. However, those apps will no longer be updated with the latest DynaMed content, so it is recommended that you install the new DynaMed app.