The Health Sciences Library does not have print copies of tax forms or instruction booklets for federal or state taxes. Instead, we offer access to web based forms and resources for tax preparation.
Library staff members suggest the following web sites for printable forms, instructions, and information:
- Colorado online filing, payment, help, refund tracking, and more – http://www.TaxColorado.com
- States other than Colorado – http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html
- US Dept of Treasury IRS Forms & Publications – http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs
- US Dept of Treasury Filing – http://www.irs.gov/Filing
- Where to file – http://www.irs.gov/uac/Where-to-File-Paper-Tax-Returns-With-or-Without-a-Payment
- Denver Public Library. Tax Resources: links to online forms, sites, etc. http://denverlibrary.org/content/taxes
- Internet Public Library Ipl2: Subject: Business & Economics: Tax: http://www.ipl.org/IPLBrowse/GetSubject?vid=13&cid=1&tid=6650&parent=6607
- 1040.com (a commercial site, use at own risk) – http://www.1040.com/
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Colorado Locations – http://www.coloradovita.org/ (Free tax return preparation by IRS and AARP trained volunteers provided to individuals with low income.)
- Tax Resources on the Web: http://taxtopics.net/
- Tax Sites.com Links to Federal tax law, State links, Tax software, etc. http://www.taxsites.com/Tax.html
Need to check gains or losses for a stock or another kind of fund? Try the Companies/Markets historical data information from the Factiva database:
Click on the Companies/Markets link at the top of the screen. Select the Instrument and type in the ticker symbol or abbreviation for the instrument. Click Historical and pick the time period and format for the report
If you wish to print information or tax forms from these web sites in the Health Sciences Library, a copy card will be needed and printing will cost 10 cents/page.
Many Colorado libraries may have forms or reproducible forms, but it is best to call for information, since not all libraries distribute forms. Click on “FIND A LIBRARY” at http://www.coloradovirtuallibrary.org for phone numbers. Aurora Public Libraries locations, hours and phone numbers: http://www.auroralibrary.org
Federal forms can also be picked up at the IRS Office, 1999 Broadway (corner of Broadway and 19th Street) Denver, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Colorado Forms only at the Colorado Department of Revenue 1375 Sherman Street – Lobby 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
[Lynne M. Fox, Education Librarian]