The following info and bullets lay out the FYI ‘need to knows’ and other guidelines for use of the Health Sciences Library facility during hours when services are closed and library staff unavailable. Designated University students and employees with appropriate and active ID badge have the ability to stay in the library after it closes to the general public and such users also have ability to card-in with their Univ ID badge during after-hours and before the library reopens public services. Questions about this service and its use by the University community can be directed to Douglas Stehle, Head of Access Services, 303-724-2139 or email@example.com.
Full guidelines and a handout covering details, tips and safety information is available at the library service desk and online.
- Security enhancements to the library facility and new public closing policies are in place.
- HSL will be closing up services and locking its doors two hours earlier on Sunday – Thursday evenings at 10:00 pm. Friday and Saturday closing times remain the same at 6:00 pm.
- Students/faculty/staff officially affiliated with the University of Colorado’s Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) may leave and reenter using the badge reader at the entrance of the facility as well as remain in the facility after public closing times upon presentation of their current AMC ID badge.
- CU Denver downtown students with their University ID badge may remain in the bldg. after closing times. NOTE: When CU Denver downtown students exit after closing time you cannot badge back in until the library opens again.
- Friends, family and guests are not allowed in the library after-hours with students or employees.
- Students and other University users agree to abide by the library’s Conduct policy [http://hsl.ucdenver.edu/policies/conduct] at all hours and to act in proper manners which promote an atmosphere conducive to study and research.
- Public and non-affiliated users and those lacking proper ID badge are expected to exit the library at the posted closing times.
- Library materials may not be checked out/removed when the service desk is closed.
Library Public Access Hours. Oct 13, 2014 – June 2015.
During these posted hours library staff are on duty and our service desk (303-724-2152) is open:
|Sun||10:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Mon-Thurs||7:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Fri||7:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
- CU AMC students/employees have badge-ID access to the library 24/7
- Have visible & be able to present University badge ID to remain past closing time
- Library staff will check for and ask to see University badge IDs as will campus security
- Any person lacking the proper University campus badge ID will be directed to exit the facility immediately after closing times. Library staff will come around and do this after our service desk closes.
- University users in the library who suspect unauthorized individuals are in the facility after closing should contact campus Police at 303-724-4444.
- If you feel you are entitled to remain in HSL after public closing but are unable, not permitted, do not have the designated University identity, or have been told you cannot but feel wrongly so, etc. please contact the Head of Access, Douglas Stehle, 303-724-2139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency buttons have been installed throughout the building on all floors. They are the yellow devices on the wall labelled “In case of emergency, lift cover, push button.” A blue police emergency tent is on the wall above each yellow panic alarm. Campus police will respond when the red button is pressed.
- Users are discouraged from leaving library materials you have checked out on the service desk after closing when library staff are gone. The library cannot guarantee that your returned items will be secure/safe sitting on the service desk. Library users should return laptops and other special/sensitive materials they have checked out in their names during regular open service hours and when staff are on service desk.
- There is an outside book drop near the front entrance and an interior book drop on the far end of the service desk for the return of books and journals.
Contact our service desk during staffed hours and by phone at 303-724-2152 for any questions. Or report problems and issues to email@example.com.