Did you miss any of the wonderful training webinars provided by the National Center of Biotechnology Information?
Archived recordings are now available, type in your name and email to access the recordings:
Join Peter Cooper, PhD, to explore and discover how you can leverage NCBI’s powerful resources for your own research during four 2 hour webinar sessions. Each recording focuses on a unique set of resources that support specific research domains. The NCBI Discovery Workshops comprise four workshops that will teach you how to use the NCBI Web resources more effectively.
Peter Cooper (email@example.com) directs the scientific outreach and training program for the National Center for Biotechnology Information at the National Library of Medicine. Peter has conducted and developed training courses for biologists in the use of NBCI molecular databases and has provided scientific user support for the NCBI since 1998. Prior to joining the NCBI Peter pursued diverse biological research interests including peptide neurochemistry, marine environmental toxicology, and taught biology and chemistry. Peter earned a BS from Virginia Tech, a MA in chemistry from the Johns Hopkins University and a Ph.D. in Marine Science from the College of William and Mary, School of Marine Science in 1996.
This webinar series was scheduled at the request of the Health Sciences Library – Ask Us for help with:
• Access to full text journals and ebooks
• Free consultations on your research topic and help with searching databases such as PubMed
• Professional literature searching
• EndNote reference manager and manuscript style software training and support
• Adding your work to our Digital Collections of Colorado to store, preserve and share your ideas with the world
• Reserving meeting rooms for groups of 10 to 60, reserving computer teaching labs for 15-45
• Just about anything – we’ll see if we can help, and if not, we’ll try to connect you to someone who can!
[Lynne M. Fox, Education Librarian]