Check out our newest resources at the library! You can access these through our webpage or follow the links listed below.
- AMED (Allied and Complementary Medicine Database): in Ovid (1 year subscription)
- New e-books focused on Chinese traditional medicine: in Ovid (select “Books” tab) (1 year subscription)
- BrowZine (app): Stay current with top academic journals, including Cell, New England Journal of Medicine and Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). Sign in details (1 year subscription)
- DSM-V : Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition
- Isabel, also in Dynamed: Diagnosis checklist system that is also integrated into the Dynamed platform (2 year subscription). App details.
- JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments). Peer reviewed, PubMed indexed journal featuring biological, medical, chemical and physical research and basic and complex experimental techniques in a video format. Subscribed Sections: Clinical and Translational Medicine, General, Immunology & Infection, Neuroscience (2 year subscription)
- Mango Languages: Online language-learning system. Users can choose to create a profile if they want to track learning progress, or click “Start Learning” to access Mango without a profile. Foreign courses for English speakers: Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (MSA), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), Haitian Creole, Japanese, Korean, Medical Spanish, Russian, Tagalog, Vietnamese. English Courses: English for Chinese (Mandarin) speakers (2 year subscription). UPDATE: Mango Languages was not renewed as of 2015.
- VisualDx, also in UpToDate : Point of care digital medical image library that aids in the identification of dermatologic, infectious, genetic, metabolic, nutritional and occupational diseases, benign and malignant growths, drug-induced conditions, and other injuries. Note: Also accessible via UpToDate (3 year subscription). App details.