Learn the best resources for searching for evidence based information at the Library’s Searching for the Evidence class.
The class objectives include:
- Recognize options for limiting literature search retrieval to valid and reliable research studies appropriate for clinical decision making;
- Search The Cochrane Library, Dynamed, FIRSTConsult, and other clinical information support resources;
- Limit an Ovid or EMBASE search to evidence based limits;
- Search PubMed MEDLINE using “Clinical Queries” and learn to set up NCBI filters for EBHC
Can’t make it to class? You have other options:
- View a set of video tutorials anytime, anywhere to learn skills for Searching for Evidence Based Information
- Make an appointment online with a librarian for training at a convenient day and time at your office, a conference room, or in the Library
- Review the Resource Guide, Evidence Based Health Care (EBHC), and learn about more resources supporting evidence based health care.
Questions? Contact an education or reference librarian to discuss your training or searching needs so that we can tailor your session to your specific learning or searching tasks.
[Lynne M. Fox, Education Librarian]