There were many updates and changes to MEDLINE in 2012, with more to come in 2013.
A few highlights:
- 302 new MeSH headings
- 56 MeSH headings changed or deleted
- Personal Narratives reintroduced as a new Publication Type
- Author replies will be assigned a separate citation
- Grant numbers will include a two-letter grand code with associated organization abbreviations
- Identifier, formerly NameID provides a unique identifier associated with the author, corporate author, or investigator name
For more information on these updates and changes, please visit the NLM Technical Bulletin.
Dana Abbey, Health Information Literacy Coordinator