“Change is Good!” That will be The Appendix’s motto for the coming year (2012). While we all loved the previous, bi-monthly version of The Appendix, it was becoming an increasingly difficult model to sustain. In this day of instant news and rapidly changing events, the Library staff found that many important items were being left out from the newsletter because of our publishing schedule. It was also increasingly taxing our IT capacity. After much careful thought and review, The Appendix Committee has decided to move to a blog environment.
What does this mean for you? First, let me assure you that all of the features, such as Research Tips, that you have enjoyed in the past will still be included in the new format but now there will additional features and information. There are several ways in which you may monitor The Appendix posts:
- You can find all of The Appendix content on the Library’s blog, HSL News, where all of The Appendix posts will appear in the Appendix Newsletter category.
- You may subscribe to HSL News to receive email updates from the blog when new content is posted (this will include non-Appendix content but all of the information is Library related).
- You can use the RSS feed option to add the blog to your reader.
- We will send out a monthly email digest that will list the titles of The Appendix articles plus a small snippet of the articles. This digest will be sent to all Appendix subscribers as well as to the Academic Announcements listserv.
- Finally, every other month we will compile the Appendix Newsletter posts from the HSL blog into a formatted web page and archive it on the Library’s website.
We hope that you enjoy these changes and find the more frequent updates helpful. As always, if you have any comments, suggestions, or story ideas, please feel free to contact me at Julie.email@example.com.