We are moving to a new system on August 22, 2011 for off campus access. This follows many months of beta-testing by library staff. The new system is known as EZProxy, and is used by a majority of libraries world-wide who offer off campus access to their patrons.
There are several reasons for us to choose EZProxy, including:
- ease of maintenance
- support from parent company OCLC
- compatibility with single sign-on technologies
- compatibility with off campus access options built in to citation management programs, such as EndNote and Papers for Mac.
The new service is scheduled to launch on Monday, Aug. 22. A new login page will appear. In terms of how you will log in, there will be two small changes:
- Instead of entering your name, then campus ID, you will enter your campus ID, then your last name.
- Enter only your last name, do not include your first name.
- Screenshot of what the new login page will look like
Please email Jeff Kuntzman, Head of Library IT if you have questions or comments related to this change.