August 9, 2021 Update: library hours continue to be 24/7 for CU Anschutz students, faculty, and staff with campus badge ID. The library building remains closed to all others. Students and employees in the building should adhere to changing campus protocols at all times.
CU Anschutz badge holders may enter the library building to use spaces, consult and checkout materials, access printers, make photocopies, use computer workstations, and study areas. Staff are available on our service desk from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Users can and should also use AskUs, our online service point, to seek assistance and make inquiries. Askus hours are Mon-Fri, 9 am – 5 pm.
All study rooms will be available and most remain on the library’s reservation system. Reservations are strongly recommended but not required. If you walk into a study room without a reservation, please book it so you are not asked to leave by someone else who reserves it while you are in there.
EMS event service is available again (Tower Rm 3rd floor, Reading Rm. 3rd floor, and 1st floor Teaching Labs) and the library is accepting EMS requests. Requestors and event attendees are expected to follow campus event protocols–see ‘Events, Gatherings & Activities’ on the On-Campus Protocols site.
- Only CU Anschutz badge holders are allowed to be in the library building.
- Users are required to have their CU Anschutz badge to enter the library (*the front door badge reader only unlocks the door closest to the reader) and to display the badge at all times or be able to show it if asked.
- You must badge yourself in. Please do not trail in behind others or allow others to come in off your badge swipe.
- All Anschutz students, faculty, staff – including those fully vaccinated – are required to wear a mask in indoor campus spaces.
- If you are vaccinated: You may remove your mask indoors in enclosed offices or confined work units – where traffic can be controlled or masking can be adjusted in real time – when able to keep 10+ feet from others.
- If you are unvaccinated: You must continue to wear a mask at all times on campus.
- See the full campus protocols and rules @ www.cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus/return-to-campus
- For library use, this means:
- if you are vaccinated, you can only take your mask off if you are alone in a closed room
- if you are unvaccinated, you must wear a mask at all times
- Study room capacity limits will be posted to the best of our ability. Students are encouraged, but not required, to reserve one of the 61 study rooms. Walk-in use is ok, but if you do not book the room after occupying it you may be asked to leave by another user/group who does reserve it online.
- All open tables and open spaces in the building are available including walk and bike stations.
- Cleaning supplies are available for those who wish to wipe down work surfaces before/after use.
Full information about returning to campus and campus guidelines can be found on the CU Anschutz Covid-19 webpage (www.cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus).
As a reminder, almost all library resources and services remain available 24/7 from the library webpage. CU Anschutz students, faculty, and staff can initiate loan requests online via AskUs or checkout materials from the service desk during our Mon-Fri staffed hours.
If you have questions about library, services and resources please e-mail the library at email@example.com.