Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
Exploring Hózhó Through An Autoethnography of the Diné Hózhóójí (Navajo Blessing Way Ceremony)
Michelle Kahn-John, MSN, APRN
PhD Candidate and Part Time Faculty, College of Nursing, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Michelle is a member of the Diné (Navajo) Nation and has lived on the Diné reservation in Arizona for most of her life. Michelle has been a nurse for 17 years spending the majority of her nursing career working for the Indian Health Services in Arizona. Her current research focus includes American Indian Health, American Indian Resilience and Protective Factors, and American Indian Healing Practices.
Date: Monday March 4, 2013 at Noon
Learn more about the Strauss-Wisneski Collection
If you have questions and/or would like email notification of future Strauss Lectures, please contact Lilian Hoffecker, email@example.com , 303-724-2124
**Refreshments Will Be Served**
Open access means “immediate, free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link to the full text of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software or use them for any other lawful purpose.” -The Budapest Open Access Initiative
Benefits of open access include:
- accelerated research
- increased research impact
-The Association of Research Libraries
Open access resources at the Health Sciences Library include:
- Digital Collections of Colorado (the library’s digital repository)
- AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Alcohol and Alcohol Problems Science Database (ETOH)
- APA FAQ: Finding Information about Psychological Tests
- Biomaterials Properties Tables (from U. Mich. HSL)
- BioMed Central (BMC)
- CCTSI Informatics Seminar Series Calendar & Video Archive
- ChemID Plus
- Chemistry Central
- Cleveland Clinic Disease Management Project
- Clinical Practice Guidelines from the CMA Infobase
- Colorado Health Data
- DIRLINE, Directory of Health Information Resources Online
- eMedicine World Medical Library
- FPIN Resource Database
- Free Patents Online
- Genetics Home Reference
- Global Library of Women’s Medicine
- Google Patent Search
- HSRProj, Health Services Research Project
- HSRR (Health Services and Sciences Research Resources)
- HSTAT, Health Services/Technology Assessment Text
- MedlinePlus Medical Dictionary
- Medspeak Terms (Medical Library Association)
- Molecular Biology search
- Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI)
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Quick Health Data Online
- Springer Open
Also see the Directory of Open Access Journals
Save the date and help the staff of The Health Sciences Library celebrate our 5th anniversary on the Anschutz Medical CampusIn 1939 the Denison Memorial LIbrary was erected in its original site on the old campus at 9th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard with funds provided by the Denison family, a family of physicians. By the beginning of the school year 2007 we were a very lonely library as most of the schools and offices had relocated to the Anschutz Medical Campus.
You can imagine the logistics it takes to move an entire library! The staff worked for years planning the building and the move. Finally the time had arrived and October 15, 2007 The Health Sciences Library opened in its present location on the Anschutz Medical Campus. We couldn’t leave the whole building behind. We had to take a piece of it with us. While you are here, take the time to go to the socond floor and see the stained glass window with the Denison coat of arms that had been donated to us by the family and had been on display in the old Denison Memorial Library.
The celebration is from 11am-1:00pm on Monday, October 15 in the Health Sciences Library foyer. There will be food, drinks and free gifts. Come join the fun. Share and learn the secrets your library has to offer.
[Helen White, Circulation Manager]
ClinicalKey is a new online search tool that meets physicians’ needs using comprehensive content, trusted answers and unrivaled speed. The Health Sciences Library does not currently subscribe to this tool, so we would greatly appreciate your feedback on the usefulness of this tool. The company that creates ClinicalKey also creates MDConsult and their long-term goal is to replace MDConsult with ClinicalKey.
You can try out ClinicalKey at the ClinicalKey Experience Tour, coming to our institution and featuring:
- Hands-on demos of ClinicalKey capabilities
- The chance to challenge ClinicalKey against other online search tools
- Attendance prizes and other giveaways
- Complimentary refreshments
The ClinicalKey Experience Tour
Event Date: October 2, 2012
Event Time: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Event Location: Parking Lot #2 – Southwest of ER entrance for Children’s Hospital Colorado
For additional questions and information, please contact Melissa De Santis (firstname.lastname@example.org, (303) 724-1748).
It will be on display through November 2, 2012. The exhibit is a juried selection of artwork celebrating the human form. The artists are students and alumni of the Department of Visual Arts in the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver.
An opening reception will be held on Thursday, September 6 from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on the 3rd floor in the Reading Room.