Archive for November, 2011|Monthly archive page
Join us on Thursday December 8th at Noon for a book signing, presentation and panel discussion on Parkinson’s Disease.
Kirk Hall will be signing copies of his book Carson and His Shaky Paws Grampa. The book tells the story of the relationship between a grandfather who had Parkinson’s Disease and his seven-year-old grandson. Julie J. Berk, M.S., PA-C, from the Movement Disorders Clinic at the University of Colorado Neurology Department will be discussing Parkinson’s Disease and Deep Brain Stimulation surgery. Additionally three people who are living with Parkinson’s Disease will discuss topics and take questions from the audience.
Bring your lunch and join us in the Reading Room on the 3rd floor of the Health Sciences Library!
Over the past months we have been contacted many times by CU AMC faculty working at Childrens Hospital, who are unable to access AMC-licensed Nature journals through our traditional proxy login process.
After many hours working with Nature Publishing and network administrators at both Childrens and AMC, we have still been unable to resolve these issues. However, to our knowledge, the problem has not been reported and does not occur at any other location other than Children’s.
Here are two solutions for getting acccess to CU AMC HSL-licensed Nature journals at Children’s. Depending on your workstation administration privileges, both may require your contacting the IT Help Desk at Children’s. Please note: you must be fully affiliated with Anschutz Medical Campus for these options to work.
- Install the virtual workstation option from http://mydesktop.ucdenver.edu . (May require local administrator privileges)
- Log in to CU Denver My Desktop
- Go to our library home page, then search for the Nature journal to which you desire access.
- At the point of accessing Nature full text, you will be presented with the hsl-ezproxy login page.
- Alternatively, you may access the Pubmed link from our library home page, then search for and retrieve all resources you need including Nature journal articles. At the point of accessing any licensed full text, you will be presented with the hsl-ezproxy login page.
- Install either the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Proceed as in option 1 above.
We welcome any feedback anyone may have about the cause of the Nature journals issue at Childrens using Internet Explorer. Please use the comments option on this post, or email us at email@example.com for individualized support.
The Exhibits Committee of the Health Sciences Library has curated an exhibit of artwork created by the faculty, staff and students of the University of Colorado Denver. This juried exhibition is an opportunity to learn about our talented co-workers, teachers, and students from both the Anschutz Medical Campus and the Denver Campus.
An Opening Reception will be held on November 15, 2011 from 3:00-5:00 pm in the 3rd floor Reading Room of the Health Sciences Library. Please come by to see the art and visit with some of the artists!
This is the third year that the Exhibits Committee has organized this show. The popularity of the show has encouraged the Exhibits Committee to hold this exhibit annually. The current show will be on display through January 8, 2012.