The Human Touch 2012 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submit your poetry, prose or artwork to the University of Colorado’s medical humanities anthology!
Please send your art, photography, poetry and prose to email@example.com by the submission deadline of January 16th, 2012.
Submissions will be reviewed by the editorial board following the submission deadline. Final decisions will be made in March 2012.
Although it is expected that some aspect of health care will provide the subject for many entries, submissions on all topics are encouraged!
- Up to 3 works may be submitted by each author or artist.
- Poetry and prose submissions should not exceed 1500 words.
- Each work must be submitted as a separate electronic file.
- All submissions should include the name of artist, the title of the submission, mailing address, and email address. We also request a short biography (no more than 50 words), though it is not required.
- Visual artists should submit work in a digital format (preferably JPEG). If scanned, please ensure that the resolution is 300 dpi or greater. We also request that you do not send files greater than 30 MB.
- Please note that it is not possible for all visual media to be printed in color due to budget constraints.
- Previously published work will be considered, but a citation is required in order to recognize the original publication. Proper acknowledgement and citation is the author/artist’s responsibility.
- Any work that is edited or altered will be returned to the author for approval prior to publication.
- No work will be accepted that compromises the privacy of patients or health care providers. Names and identifying characteristics or details should be altered prior to submission.
- Submissions must be received by January 16th, 2012 in order to be considered for the Spring 2012 publication.
Questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2011 edition is available at the Anschutz Medical Campus Bookstore or may be viewed online at:
***This journal and all of its contents with no exceptions are covered under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. To view a summary of this license, please see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/.
All Authors/Artists Hold Their Own Copyright