Archive for January, 2010|Monthly archive page
The Health Sciences Library does not have print copies of tax forms or instruction booklets for federal or state taxes. Instead, we offer access to web based forms and resources for tax preparation.
Library staff members suggest the following web sites for printable forms, instructions, and information:
- Colorado tax forms – http://www.revenue.state.co.us/TPS_Dir/home.asp
- Customer Support, FAQs, for Colorado taxes: https://revenuestateco.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/revenuestateco.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=X4uQxfRj
- Colorado NetFile. Online filing of 2009 individual tax forms for Colorado: https://www.netfile.state.co.us/file2009/Welcome.jsp2
- States other than Colorado – http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html
- US Dept of Treasury IRS Forms & Publications – http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html
- US Dept of Treasury “1040 Central” – http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=118506,00.html
- Where to file. Select your state: – http://www.irs.gov/file/index.html
- Denver Public Library. Tax Resources: links to online forms, sites, etc. http://denverlibrary.org/research/taxes/
- Internet Public Library Ipl2: Subject: Business & Economics: Tax: http://www.ipl.org/IPLBrowse/GetSubject?vid=13&cid=1&tid=6650&parent=6607
- 1040.com (a commercial site, use at own risk) – http://www.1040.com/
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Colorado Locations – http://www.piton.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Content.taxsites (Free tax return preparation by IRS and AARP trained volunteers provided to individuals with low income.)
- Tax Resources on the Web: http://taxtopics.net/
- Tax Sites.com Links to Federal tax law, State links, Tax software, etc. http://www.taxsites.com/Tax.html
Need to check gains or losses for a stock or another kind of fund? Try the Companies/Markets historical data information from the Factiva database:
Click on the Companies/Markets link at the top of the screen. Select the Instrument and type in the ticker symbol or abbreviation for the instrument. Click Historical and pick the time period and format for the report
If you wish to print information or tax forms from these web sites in the Health Sciences Library, a copy card will be needed and printing will cost 10 cents/page.
Many Colorado libraries may have forms or reproducible forms, but it is best to call for information, since not all libraries distribute forms. Click on “FIND A LIBRARY” at http://www.aclin.org/ for phone numbers. Aurora Public Libraries locations, hours and phone numbers: http://www.auroralibrary.org/
Federal forms can also be picked up at the IRS Office, 1999 Broadway (corner of Broadway and 19th Street) Denver, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Colorado Forms only at the Colorado Department of Revenue 1375 Sherman Street – Lobby 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Thursday January 21st, Noon
Charles Krebs, PhD, Director of Melbourne Applied Physiology, Pty, Ltd.
Presentation Title: LEAP. An Innovative Acupressure Approach to the Resoltuion of Specific Learning Difficulties.
Location: The Health Sciences Library, Teaching Labs 1 and 2
On Friday January 29th from 8 – 9:30 am there will an Open House event for Faculty at the Health Sciences Library. Representatives from the following units will present information on resources and services available to faculty:
• Health Sciences Library
• Educational Support Services (ESS)
• Academic Technology & Extended Learning (ATEL – Blackboard)
• Center for Faculty Development
Health Sciences Library Teaching Labs
29 Jan 2009 (Fri)
Register online at http://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/classes/#29
Registration is not required but is appreciated to help with catering.
**Please contact Lisa Traditi via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.**